- Test safety and relief valves at 100% operating pressure. No decrease in line pressure required.
- Principle is to apply force to the valve spindle to overcome the spring tension of the valve.
- Recorded data, knowledge of the valve seat area, and the line pressure is used is used to calculate the lifting force. Scale percentage = set pressure.
- Performed with no interruption to plant production.
- Valve is free to function normally during test.
- Valve set point is confirmed and valve is sealed. Adjustment to proper set will be done if required. Testing equipment remains in place during the adjustment.
- British Columbia license # LBP0000995 Class SRV
- Saskatchewan Set/ Service pressure relief devices # QCP-0129-001
- Saskatchewan Contractor licence # QCP 3595 Reg. # 0129
- The test of safety and relief valves on line under normal operating conditions
- Test results are within plus or minus ½ % of set pressure
- Test provides a date marked certified printout of:
- Valve lift pressure
- Line pressure at the valve
- Set pressure of the valve
- Reseat pressure
Benefits of Safety Valve Online Testing
- Plant production is not interrupted while valves are tested.
- Valves are not restricted and operate normal during testing.
- Adjustments to the valves set point is completed without removing the equipment.
- Eliminates the removal of valves in proper working condition.